Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why I am blogging from the Village of Clarkston

This is the second post after some time as I just never got back to doing this.  Not a good sign.  A friend has again encouraged me to blog since I was commenting on everything and doing it almost everywhere.  The subjects will be varied.  Streets, sidewalks, bicycles, government, lack of good government, sustainability, organic everything, and the list goes on.

Unhappy with your government?  I'm probably on your side.

Do you think nothing can be done and complaining is a waste of time?
You may be right but nothing will change by doing nothing.

Taxes too high?  Find out where the money is being spent.

It is all public information and should be available to everyone.  If you can't find out, your government has a problem.

More importantly, I hope to provide information, articles, quotes and inspiration that it all works together.  One problem causes others.  One solution can lead to others.

Most recently I commented on the Oakland Press editorial that suggested trees be removed to allow for power lines (www.theoaklandpress.com).  My response on Facebook at least got a response from the newspaper.  I thought there should be a retraction since it was so distant from anyone's reality.

Hopefully the discussion will continue.     

No comments:

Post a Comment